Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh god, the smell!

Yesterday, on the bus ride home, I was presented with an impossible, no-win situation. See if this has ever happened to you. You get on the bus and you are immediately assaulted by the fetid stench of unwashed human which has only been compounded by the fact that it has been consistently in the high-80s and humid for the past two weeks. You think to yourself, "OK, I will just head to the back of the bus to avoid the stinky person sitting here at the front," and normally that would be a winning strategy. However, last night, the "Stink Party" had two candidates on the ballot, so to speak, in that there was an additional stinky person in the back of the bus. What can one do in such a situation? My nose plugs and Vick's Vapo-Rub were both at home, so that option was out. I had already waited 25 minutes for that bus, so getting off and waiting for the next one was out of the question. So what did I do? I sat there and pressed my nose to the tiny opening in the window and tried to inhale as much cleansing bus exhaust as possible in the hope I would pass out and thus be freed from the horrible devil-smell. Ew.

No comments: