Wednesday, October 19, 2005

And I'm back to hating the bus.

Can I just say "Ugh." Frickin bus took for-freaking-ever last night. I even caught it a little early, so I thought I was in for a quick, uncrowded, idyllic jaunt through the streets of Chicago. Boy, I don't think I have ever been more wrong.

First, I had to wait 10 minutes for the Halsted bus, which I can live with, although I would obviously prefer not to wait. Then, when I got on, it was kind of crowded (I started getting an uneasy feeling, something was going on here). Then more people got on, and more people, and more and more and more! And they were like high school kids (the worst!) What the hell?! This wasn't the awesome bus ride I had five days ago... This was the type of bus ride that gives the bus a bad reputation. Well, before you know it, someone's ass is in my face and I am not enjoying myself. On top of this, there's all kinds of traffic so it takes forever to go the 2 miles to Chicago Avenue. Where I got to, yup that's right, wait 20 minutes for another bus. This one was even more crowded. I basically rode the last mile home with my face pushed against the front door of the bus and some asshole's laptop case pushed into my lower back.

Needless to say, I was whistling on the way to my car this morning. Fuck you bus. Fuck you.

No comments: